Following up on our first Bidsquare auction, Batten Road, a division of Babette Holland Design, is pleased bring you this Buy It Now sale.The proprietors, Babette Holland and Tony Brown, have deep backgrounds in fine arts, ceramics, product design, manufacturing and retail along with a passion for collecting, all of which result in a unique, eclectic sensibility. The sale features pieces from Russel Wright, Alexander Girard, Ben Seibel, Norman Bel Geddes and other 20th century American design luminaries along with outstanding modern ceramics, a variety of collectibles and an exciting group of previously unlisted items.
Available payment options
We offer shipping, (within the U.S. only), on a selection of smaller items. These are indicated at the end of the item's Description section. Items with a quote will ship USPS Priority Mail, insurance additional. Items that request contacting us for quote will be shipped UPS and will be priced according to destination including insurance. Items without shipping information will require special packing or handling and will be taken by us to UPS Store #5582 and you will deal directly with them for quotes and payment (see below for contact info). Items too large for UPS will need to be transported via LTL freight or private courier. We will provide recommendations on request. Items to be shipped outside of the U.S.will be taken by us to UPS Store #5582 and you will deal directly with them for packing and shipping. Phone: 914-271-0103. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & Conditions
REGISTRATION. All bidders must register with Bidsquare to bid.
Please read carefully prior to bidding. The below Terms and Conditions of Auction constitute the entire agreement with the purchaser relative to the property purchased at this sale. In bidding with Babette Holland Design/Batten Road you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms:
1. TERMS OF SALE: All items offered at auction are sold as is, where is, no refunds, no returns and without recourse. Descriptions, including authenticity, manufacturer or maker, artist or designer, provenance, origin and condition are our opinion and believed to be accurate; however, neither the auctioneer, Babette Holland Design/Batten Road, nor consignor make any warranty or representations of any kind to the merchandise being offered and are not responsible for errors or omissions. All measurements and are approximate but within reasonable margins.
2. CONDITION AND INSPECTION: Inspection is online only. If we note defect, damage, repair or restoration to an item, please review the photographs carefully and bid accordingly. Please note that the absence of a condition statement does not imply that the item is without defect, damage, flaws or wear appropriate to age and use. We try to picture condition issues in the online listings however, it is the responsibility of the prospective bidder to inspect the goods and determine exact condition of each item. Further photographs, condition reports and in hand evaluations are available upon request. Please email or call our office to arrange. Condition is always a subjective evaluation and final responsibility rests with the buyer to assess the condition of any item prior to bidding.
3. E-MAIL NOTIFICATION: each time you place a bid; when you are outbid on any lot; and at the close of the auction if you are the high bidder.
4. BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY. Upon the fall of the hammer, title to the offered lot shall pass to the buyer and the buyer immediately assumes full risk and responsibility for the lot, including liability for loss or damage and is liable for payment of the Purchase Price (as defined below) to Babette Holland Design/Batten Road.
5. PURCHASE PRICE AND PAYMENT. The "Purchase Price" for each lot shall be the listed Buy It Now price, sales tax and, if applicable, all packing, handling, insurance and shipping costs. (Please see Shipping Info below). Payment is by Paypal or credit card only. (Visa/MasterCard/Amex). NY State buyers will be charged sales tax unless we receive a tax exempt certificate (ST-120) prior to payment.
Invoices must be paid in 2 days, otherwise sale will be cancelled and item will be relisted.
6. PICK UP: Items may be picked up at our location by appointment only, for up to 30 days from close of auction. Contact us to schedule.
7. SHIPPING: We provide several shipping options as detailed in the Shipping Info section below. Winning bidders will be reminded to notify us of their shipping preferences and shipping charges will either be billed along with purchase invoice or separately. All items will be shipped within 7 days of receipt of payment.