Purported to be one of the most important collections of its kind ever assembled, including many of the scarcest Hummel figurines ever produced: the four so-called “Mamas and the Papas,” more than two dozen of the 1940s International figures, many prototypes and one-of-a-kind pieces, and original artwork by Sister Hummel. Many of the most desirable pieces were obtained from the collection of Deeks' personal friend, the late Bob Miller, author of multiple Hummel price guides and, for decades, considered the world's foremost authority on the subject.
Online bidding available through Bidsquare, Live Auctioneers, Invaluable, Proxibid and HiBid. Phone and FaceTime previews available week of sale. Phone bids (greater of $100 or posted opening bid) and absentee bids accepted -- form is on our website. For this sale only, all lots will need to be shipped by your own arrangements.
PLEASE NOTE OUR TERMS REGARDING INVOICES, PAYMENTS AND SHIPPING. When you register to bid, you agree to our terms.
Clearwater, FL 33760
Available payment options
*For many small items, we provide in-house packing and shipping via UPS and USPS that is done with excellence and is competitively priced. Your invoice will include a shipping fee if we’re able to ship your item, and you are also welcome to contact local third-party shippers or make your own arrangements for pickup or shipping.
*Some items must be shipped by your own arrangements — you will need to contact vendors directly for quotes and to make arrangements. Items that require 3rd party shipping are noted in the catalog.
*Purchases left at the gallery 60 days after the auction will be considered abandoned and will become the property of Blackwell Auctions, with no refund given.
Resources for 3rd party/freight/cargo delivery:
You may use any vendor you wish. This list includes some of our suggested vendors.
o UPS store 4567: email@example.com phone: (727)725-9985
o UPS store 5980/6886: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: (727)592-5402
o ORBIT PROFESSIONAL PACKING CRATING (888) 247-8540 or 727-507-7447 email@example.com www.orbitppc.com (U.S. & International)
o CRATERS & FREIGHTERS (813) 889-9008 ( 877) 448-7447 Fax (813) 884-8393 Tampa@cratersandfreighters.com www.cratersandfreighters.com (U.S. & International)
o TOP NOTCH TRANSPORT (US) (309)253-9700 firstname.lastname@example.org
o CADOGAN TATE DESIGNER SERVICES email@example.com (305)833-3700 (U.S. & International)
o EXPERT MESSENGER firstname.lastname@example.org (866)343-8863 (within Florida)
o We’ve had several buyers be pleased with this service -- https://www.uship.com/
Terms & Conditions
Blackwell Auctions terms:
* All items sold "AS IS, WHERE IS" with all faults.
* All descriptions believed accurate but not warranteed.
* Bidder inspection is encouraged.
* By placing a bid, bidder signifies that they have examined the items to their satisfaction, or that they have chosen not to personally examine them.
* We run multiple online bidding venues and also have phone bidders and absentee bidders. There is no guarantee that your online bid will be accepted, especially if your bid is tied with bids on another venue. When you are looking at where the bidding is currently on an item you’re bidding on, please be aware that bidding is also happening on several other sites, and the sites do not communicate with each other. The bidding venue you use will automatically advance your absentee bids, and does give preference to bids left earlier than others, but when the auction is live and our clerks are covering each venue, we have no way of knowing what bids were placed first. We do our best to rotate winning tie bids throughout our online venues. If you are concerned about losing a bid due to a tie, please consider registering to be a phone bidder with us.
* We reserve the right to reject any bid at our sole discretion.
*Our online buyer premium is 18% on BidSquare and 20% on Proxibid, Live Auctioneers, and Invaluable/AuctionZip. Our in-house buyer premium is 15% and applies to bids placed in person, absentee, by phone and on HiBid.
*Absentee and phone bids are accepted for bidders who pre-register with us directly and provide payment information. The absentee bid form available on our website must be submitted by 5 PM the day prior to auction day. The minimum for phone bids is $100 or the starting bid, whichever is greater. We will collect your credit card information over the phone once we have received the form -- we do not ask you to provide that information on the form itself.
* The Florida Department of Revenue does not accept out of state resale certificates. If the buyer takes delivery of the item in Florida, either in person or via mail, and does not have a valid FL resale certificate, applicable sales tax of 7% must be collected. Out of state dealers may produce a signed affidavit certifying that items are for resale, and then sales tax can be removed.
*Invoices over $2,000 for USA buyers may require payment via cashiers check or bank wire transfer, completely at our discretion. All international transactions over $500 must be completed via bank wire transfer.
*Online bidders will be invoiced the week after the auction directly via email with payment instructions. Payment is expected within 7 days of the invoice being received. We do not have access to your payment info on online venues - we invoice directly. Invaluable/AuctionZip buyers who have not paid within 7 days may be charged through the venue. If a wire transfer is necessary, payment is expected within 7 days of invoicing, after which time an unpaid item dispute will be opened. Items will no longer be available one week after a dispute is opened.
*Personal checks are accepted -- shipping will be held until the check clears.
*Partial payment (deposit/layaway) arrangements may be allowable on a very limited case-by-case basis. In any case, however, items not paid for in full (including buyer premium, taxes and shipping, if applicable) within 30 days of auction's close will be considered abandoned. Any deposits collected will be forfeit.