Available payment options
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BID SQUARE BIDDERS
-All items must be paid for within three (3) business days from the date of auction and ALL items must be removed within three (3) business days. Any item not removed or shipped within this time is subject to a storage fee of $25.00 per item per day, payable to an outside storage company. If an item is to be shipped, it is sent to our storage location after the first three (3) business days, unless other shipping arrangements have been made by the buyer. If other arrangements have been made, the buyer must contact our gallery within three (3) days of the auction date to arrange pick-up. If items are not removed within three (3) business days, they will be sent to storage. All storage fees and invoices must be paid in full to retrieve items sent to storage. Once an item is sent to storage, neither Auctions at Showplace Antiques nor the shipper is liable for it. Declared value coverage goes into effect once pick up or shipping arrangements are made. You must contact the shipper to settle all storage fees and arrange for pick up or shipping. If picking up your items from storage, an appointment must be scheduled with the the shipper at least three days in advance. .
- All items in this catalogue are offered by Showplace Antique & Design Center as owner.
- Everything is sold AS IS and WHERE IS. While we do our best to describe the items properly, Showplace Antique & Design Center, makes no guarantees or warranties to the accuracy of these descriptions. Likewise, while Showplace Antique & Design Center presumes clear title on all merchandise, no guarantees or warranties are made.
- Showplace Antique & Design Center reserves the right to withdraw or combine any lots listed in the catalogue at its sole discretion. Showplace Antique & Design Center and its auctioneers have final say in any dispute among bids or winning bidders. Showplace Antique & Design Center records shall be conclusive in any dispute.
- The purchase price payable by Bid Square buyers at auction shall be the final bid plus a 25% buyer’s premium. All purchases are subject to NYC sales tax rate of 8.875% unless a valid resale certificate is presented. A resale tax form must be completed in full prior to time of purchase.
- Showplace Antique & Design Center accepts the following methods of payment from domestic buyers: cash, wire transfer, Visa, Master Card, Discover, PayPal, and certified check; personal or business check are also accepted from domestic buyers, but merchandise will not be released until after personal and business checks clear. We will charge a $50 fee on all checks returned by the buyer’s bank. Domestic buyers wishing to pay via credit card must fill out and return a credit card authorization form, credit cards will NOT be accepted over the phone. Showplace Antique & Design Center accepts the following methods of payment from international buyers: Wire Transfer, PayPal. Wire transfer is required for all amounts over $10,000.
- No merchandise shall be released prior to the end of the auction session. Showplace Antique & Design Center reserves the right to hold merchandise until full payment has been received and cleared by our bank.
- Showplace Antique & Design Center reserves the right to refuse a bid from a potential buyer who has not established themselves with management prior to the auction.
- Showplace Antique & Design Center does not make any representations or warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to size, count, weight, style, authenticity, period material, or manufacturer copyright or reproduction right or any other warranty except as specified below on any lot sold. All measurements and weights are approximate. All glassware is sold as is; we cannot check every piece for chips. Showplace Antique & Design Center is not responsible for damage of glass covering paintings, drawings, and other works or art, or frames, regardless of cause. Showplace Antique & Design Center will not guarantee the authenticity of any signature unless so stated at the time of auction. We will only guarantee the medium in which the particular work is executed. We are not responsible for typographical errors.
-“Gold-tone metal” refers to metal that is gold in tone, but not gold. “Silver-tone metal” refers to metal that is silver in tone, but not silver.
- The catalog listings are meant as a descriptive guide only. Buyers are encouraged to use the preview to examine merchandise. Any condition statement given, as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement or a fact.
- Showplace Antique & Design Center shall have no responsibility for any error or omission in the description. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging. All items are sold strictly AS IS, WHERE IS and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Absolutely no returns will be accepted.
-If for any reason a purchased lot cannot be delivered/picked up in the condition it was in at the time of sale, or should any purchased lot be stolen or lost prior to delivery/pick up, Showplace Antique & Design Center shall not be liable for any amount in excess of that paid by the purchaser. However, we are not responsible for the acts or omissions of carriers or packers of purchased lots, whether or not recommended by us. Packing and handling of purchased lots by us is at the entire risk of the purchaser and Showplace Antique & Design Center will have no liability for any loss or damage to such items.