Simpson Galleries will be hosting another Fine Art and Antiques auction featuring items from several private and corporate collections. One such highlight is a collection of sporting art by some of the best-known American and European sporting artists. These paintings and sculptures embody the essence of the natural beauty of different animals in their natural habitat. In addition to artwork, Simpson Galleries will also be offering jewelry from two very important estate collections. Each piece, carefully selected and offered to you for your pleasure. Our furniture and decorative arts departments have been very busy with pieces from all corners of the world. European furniture, as well as mid-century design, combine to make an interesting offering of quality and design. Some of the highlights in the auction are paintings by Porfirio Salinas, Dorothy Hood, John Hoyland, Jennie Haddad, and William Robinson Leigh. Furniture designed by Martin Eisler, Carlo Hauner, and Hendrik Van Keppel will be available; as well as more traditional Empire Revival and Russian Empire pieces.
Also on offer is a lifelong collection of Circus and Magic items. This collection includes many very rare items from the early 20th century history of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus. Large contraptions, as well as magic show backdrops, adorn this group of highly unusual and extremely rare and collectable items.
Houston, TX 77057
**SIMPSON GALLERIES, LLC. DOES NOT PROVIDE SHIPPING SERVICES OR SHIPPING QUOTES.**
Shipping may be secured through -
The UPS Store: email@example.com 713-942-7775,
PACK-N-SEND: firstname.lastname@example.org 713-266-1450,
ACTS Crating and Transportation Services: 2BOX@ACTSCRATING.COM 713-869-2269,
NAVIS Pack & Ship: email@example.com 713-352-3038,
RB Shipping, LLC: firstname.lastname@example.org 404-524-9122,
or the shipper of your choice.
We are open for shipper pick-up Tuesday - Thursdays from 10 am to 3 pm or by appointment.
Terms & Conditions
*SIMPSON GALLERIES, LLC. DOES NOT PROVIDE SHIPPING SERVICES OR SHIPPING QUOTES. WE CAN REFER SUCCESSFUL BIDDERS TO A NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL SHIPPER*
**PAYMENT MUST BE MADE WITHIN FIVE WORKING DAYS OF THE SALE. PAYMENTS MAY BE MADE IN CASH (in-house only) OR BY PERSONAL CHECK, CASHIER'S CHECK, BANK WIRE TRANSFER, OR CREDIT CARD (credit card payment accepted up to a maximum amount of $5,000). Credit card payments in excess of $5,000 must be arranged directly with the auction house and will incur a 3% transaction fee on any amounts in excess of $5,000 including but not limited to; hammer price, buyer's premium, and any applicable sales tax. WE DO NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL OR AMERICAN EXPRESS**
***ALL SALES ARE "AS IS" "WHERE IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. PLEASE SEE SECTIONS 2, 7, AND 8 BELOW IN WHICH ANY AND ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY AGAINST REDHIBITORY DEFECTS) ARE WAIVED.***
1. Terms: cash, personal check, cashier's check, bank wire transfer, Master Card, Visa, or Discover (credit card payment accepted up to a maximum amount of $5,000). Credit card payments in excess of $5,000 must be arranged directly with the auction house and will incur a 3% transaction fee on any amounts in excess of $5,000 including but not limited to; hammer price, buyer's premium, and any applicable sales tax.
2. SIMPSON GALLERIES, LLC, (hereinafter referred to as Simpson Galleries), has endeavored to catalogue and describe the property correctly; however, all property is sold "as is" "where is" and neither Simpson Galleries nor its consignors will be responsible for the description, genuineness, provenance, or condition of the property. All weights and dimensions are to be considered approximate. No statement contained in the catalogue, or made orally at the sale or elsewhere, shall be deemed to be such a warranty, representation, or an assumption of liability. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS.
3. In regard to the works of art contained in the catalogue, Simpson Galleries has endeavored to correctly describe and attribute authorship to the best of their knowledge and ability and through the use of outside experts; however, since authentication and/or attribution is a matter of scholarship and therefore subject to change, Simpson Galleries does not make any express or implied warranties, guarantees, or representations and strongly suggests that prior to bidding the buyer avail himself of his own expert, appraiser, or authenticator and rely solely on his advice or judgment.
4. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the event of any dispute between bidders, the auctioneer shall have absolute discretion either to determine the successful bidder, in which event his determination shall be final or to re-offer and re-sell the article in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, Simpson Galleries' sale record shall be conclusive as to who was the purchaser, the amount of the highest bid, and in all other respects.
5. Floor bids take precedence over any other bids regardless of date or time placed. The live auction console does not differentiate between left bids and live bids; therefore, the date and/or time a particular bid is placed has no bearing on which bid is accepted by the auctioneer. Any bidding service offered by Simpson Galleries, (whether it be absentee, phone, or live bidding), is done so as a courtesy. Simpson Galleries is not responsible for errors or for the failure to execute any bid for any reason.
6. No properties purchased during auction may be removed prior to end of session.
7. Defects are not necessarily noted in the catalogue.
8. NO WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO ANY DESCRIPTION CONTAINED IN THIS AUCTION. Any description of the items contained in this auction is for the sole purpose of identifying the items, and no description of items has been made part of the basis of the bargain or has created any express warranty that the goods would conform to any description made by the Auctioneer.
9. All shipping charges will be borne by the successful bidder. Purchased property must be collected within 14 days following the auction. Property not collected within 14 days of the close of the auction will be subject to a storage fee equal to 1.5% of the hammer price per day. Property not collected within 60 days of the close of the auction will be considered abandoned and any monies paid to Simpson Galleries by the purchaser will be considered liquidated damages.
10. A premium of 25% of the purchaser's bid will be added and is payable as part of the total price.
11. By registering to bid with Simpson Galleries you have elected to receive email communications from Simpson Galleries including auction news and/or announcements. If you do not want to receive auction news and/or announcements from Simpson Galleries you may unsubscribe at any time by selecting the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or by contacting us at email@example.com or (713) 524-6751.
12. Placing a bid will indicate full understanding of and compliance with these conditions of sale.
Auctioneer - Ray Simpson, Lic. 6899.