Our April auction features a large selection of fine jewelry, a large selection of fine art by Indiana, American and European artists in a variety of styles, plus decorative arts, crystal, collection of bronze figures, decorator furnishings and more.
Terms & Conditions
Please read all payment and shipping information BEFORE registering to bid with us. Local pickup (with loading assistance) is available the Monday following the auction, from 10am to 2pm.
1. All property is sold "AS IS" and neither the auctioneer nor any consignor makes any warranties or representation of any kind or nature with respect to the property, and in no event shall they be responsible for the correctness, nor deemed to have made any representation or warranty, description, genuineness, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin or condition of the property and no statement at the sale, or in bill of sale, or invoice or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty of representation or an assumption of liability.
2. The highest bidder as determined by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the case of a disputed bid, the auctioneer shall have sole discretion in determining the purchaser, and may also, at his or her election, withdraw the lot, or re-offer the lot for sale. Floor bidders have precedent over absentee bidders in the case of a same-amount winning bid.
3. All merchandise purchased must be paid for and removed from the premises the day of the auction. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. may impose, and the purchaser agrees to pay, a monthly storage charge of $100 for any lot or portion of any lot not removed by the purchaser within three (3) business days after the day of the sale. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. shall have no liability for any damage to property left on the premises for more than three (3) business days after the date of the sale. At the option of Wickliff &Associates Auctioneers, Inc., the merchandise may be transferred to, and stored at a bonded warehouse and the purchaser agrees to pay all transfer and storage expenses. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. may impose, and the purchaser agrees to pay a monthly charge of $100 for any lot not removed by the purchaser within thirty (30) days of the date of the sale. Any property left over 30 days may also be sold, without notice to purchaser, at Wickliff Auctioneers's discretion, without compensation to purchaser.
4. Personal checks will be acceptable only if credit has been established with Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc., or if a bank authorization has been received guaranteeing a personal check. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. reserves the right to hold the merchandise purchased by personal check until the check has cleared the bank. The purchaser agrees to pay Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. a handling charge of $35.00 for any check dishonored by the drawee.
5. If the purchaser breaches any of its obligations under these conditions of sale, including its obligations to pay, in full, the purchase price of all items for which it was the highest bidder, Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. may exercise all of its rights and remedies under the law, including (a) canceling the sale and applying any payments made by the purchaser to the damages caused by the purchaser's breach, and/or (b) offering at public auction, without reserve, any lot or item for which the purchaser has failed to pay in full the purchase price or failed to remove from the premises within (30) days, holding the purchaser liable for any deficiency plus all costs of sale.
6. In no event will the liability of Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc., to any purchaser with respect to any item, exceed the purchase price actually paid by such purchaser for such item.
7. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. may, in its discretion, and at purchaser's request, package and have items shipped as directed by the purchaser. In such event, the purchaser agrees that (a) all such packaging, handling and shipping is at sole risk of the purchaser and that Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc, shall have no liability for any loss or damage to such items, and (b) purchaser shall pay in advance, all packaging expenses, including labor, materials, postage, all carrier fees and insurance charges.
8. All purchases are subject to the Indiana 7% sales tax unless the purchaser possesses a sales tax exemption number or the item will be shipped out-of-state. Out-of-state purchasers who elect to pick their item up will be subject to sales tax. Exemption numbers from other states are accepted in Indiana if presented with business card or letterhead.
9. A premium equal to 18% for online bidders of the final bid price will be applied to each lot sold, to be paid by the buyer, as part of the final purchase price
10. Bidding on any item indicates your acceptance of these terms and all other terms announced at the time of sale.
Buyer is responsible for payment of any/all shipping costs and packaging and are paid directly to the shipping agent. WE DO NOT HAVE AN INTERNAL SHIPPING DEPARTMENT and cannot include shipping costs on buyer invoices.
Quotes for shipping should be directed to local shippers- we recommend:
- Pak Mail, Indianapolis, IN, 317-823-8383, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The UPS Store, Carmel, IN, 317-575-9432, email@example.com
- Craters and Freighters, Indianapolis (317) 577-0800 (best for large items)
Call them for shipping quotes, each of these shippers will come to our gallery to collect your items. Wickliff Auctioneers does not participate in the shipping of any item, no matter how small.