Half Plate Ambrotype of Broad Brook House, Guilford, Vermont
Half plate, outdoor ambrotype housed in a leather and pressed-paper case. The sign on the front of the building clearly reads "Broad Brook House" and two carriages and several people are visible on and near the front porch. Broad Brook House in Guilford, Vermont (for a time referred to as Algiers, VT), was built in 1817 and still stands, operating today as the Guilford County Store. The building has undergone a few alterations of the last 150 years but is still clearly recognizable. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Case and image both VG+.