Portrait of Margaret Seaton Lamberton and Daughter
mid-late 19th century
signed H.B.H. l.r.
25 x 21 in. (sight), 31 x 26.5 in. (frame)
Margaret Seaton Lamberton (1815-1911) was the wife of Robert Gilfillan Lamberton (1809-1885). Lamberton was a pillar of the Franklin community opening the first bank in Venango County in 1860 as the area filled with wealth from it's oil extraction businesses. Today several buildings and streets carry the Lamberton name.
Could use a cleaning.