BID ON THE-SALEROOM.COM
Morgan's 4/4 (originally 4-4) has been in almost continuous production since 1936. The designation stood for '4-wheels and 4-cylinders' and the model was certainly a major departure from the 3-wheeled 2-cylinder ones with which the brand was established. The Drophead Coupe variant was manufactured from 1938 to 1950, of which only 58 were produced pre-war. Its superior folding roof, fixed window frames and other creature comforts set it apart from the standard offering, while its 1122cc Coventry Climax engine drove through a Meadows four-speed manual gearbox. The vendor describes 'BCJ 146' as 'having been very well maintained and now presented in first-class condition with excellent chrome-work, tyres and Blue over Black paintwork'. It apparently benefited from a significant restoration in the 1980s, featured in Morgan's 100th anniversary celebrations and has appeared on both VSCC and MSCC stands at the NEC Classic Car Show. It is also sanctioned to compete in VSCC events.