Brian Sanders (British, B. 1937) "British Youth Organizations" Watercolor on Paper.
Provenance: Collection of James A. Helzer (1946-2008), Founder of Unicover Corporation.
This painting originally appeared on the Fleetwood First Day Combinaton Cover for the Great Britain Youth Organizations stamps issued March 24, 1982.
Four British youth organizations which have grown into World-wide movements are the subject of this painting. The Boys' Brigade is the oldest uniformed boys' organization in the world and was founded in 1883. The famous Scout movement first began 1908 with Robert Baden-Powell's creation of the Boy Scouts, followed by the Cub Scouts for younger boys. In 1910 the Girl Guides was formed, followed later by the Brownies. The Girls' Brigade was created in 1964 through a consolidation of three other youth organizations of the United Kingdom. Together, these four youth movements today comprise a total membership of well over 1,500,000 in the United Kingdom alone, and many millions more in countries around the world.
Image Size: 12 x 14 in.
Overall Size: 13.75 x 19 in.
- By registering to bid for this auction either in-house or online and/or placing a bid in this auction the BIDDER/BUYER agrees to all the terms and conditions of Helmuth Stone Gallery Auctions.
- All silver, gold and/or jewelry lots or invoices containing said lots MUST be paid for via WIRE TRANSFER, no other forms of payment will be accepted.
- All items are sold as-is where-is and no guarantees are made of any kind. All sales are final; no refunds will be given under any circumstances.
- Helmuth Stone Gallery provides condition reports as a courtesy to our clients and assumes no liability for any error or omission. Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client and is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Descriptions are our opinions and should in no way be construed as a guarantee of any kind as to age, condition, mater. The bidder assumes responsibility for ensuring that the condition of the item(s) meets with their satisfaction prior to bidding. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging.
- Online images can sometimes be low quality due to the uploading process, original high-resolution images can be requested via email at HelmuthStone@gmail.com
- We recommend looking into shipping quotes prior to bidding, shipping quotes can take up to a week or more post-sale as we host our auctions through multiple online platforms and shipping can become backlogged, if you would like a list of local shippers please email us directly.
- Our auction catalogs are hosted through multiple online platforms along with phone and in-house bidding. Bids placed on other platforms are not shown through this catalog. Because of this, even if it appears you are the only absentee bid or bidder on a lot, you may already be outbid or may have placed a bid equal to another bidder. Therefore, we always recommend bidding live.
- Unless otherwise stated in the description, all items are sold without additional documentation or COAs. If any supporting documentation is available an image will be available online via the catalog listing.