Frederick Mulhaupt (Kansas, New York, Massachusetts, Missouri, 1871 - 1938) Autumnal Painting of a Covered Bridge titled "Old Covered Bridge, Maine" on stretcher verso. Signed lower left. Provenance: Private Oklahoma City collection. Mulhaupt worked as manager of a newspaper and magazine in Dodge City before moving to Kansas City where he apprenticed to an itinerant painter and enrolled at the Kansas City School of Design. He then moved to Chicago where he attended the Art Institute of Chicago in the early 1890s. Mulhaupt stayed in Chicago for many years, eventually becoming an instructor in figure classes at the Art Institute. In 1904 he moved to New York and then spent several years in Paris. He returned to live in New York while spending his summers in Gloucester, MA from 1907. Mulhaupt worked for the WPA painting a mural for the Maplewood School in Gloucester. Member: Palette and Chisel Club, Chicago; North Shore Arts Assoc.; National Academy of Design; National Arts Club; Salmagundi Club; Allied Artists of America; Boston Arts Club; Rockport Art Association.
Sight Size: 24.5 x 29.5 in. Overall Size: 32.75 x 37.75 in.
* By registering to bid for this auction either in-house or online and/or placing a bid in this auction the BIDDER/BUYER agrees to all the terms and conditions of Helmuth Stone Gallery Auctions.
- All silver, gold and/or jewelry lots or invoices containing said lots MUST be paid for via wire transfer or cashier’s check, no other forms of payment will be accepted.
- We recommend looking into shipping quotes prior to bidding, shipping quotes can take up to a week or more post-sale as we host our auctions through 6 online platforms and shipping can become backlogged.
- All sales are final; no refunds will be given under any circumstances.
- Helmuth Stone Gallery provides condition reports as a courtesy to our clients and assumes no liability for any error or omission. Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client, and is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Descriptions are our opinions and should in no way be construed as a guarantee of any kind as to age, condition, mater. The bidder assumes responsibility for ensuring that the condition of the item(s) meets with their satisfaction prior to bidding. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging.
- Online images can sometimes be low quality due to the uploading process, original high-resolution images can be requested via email at HelmuthStone@gmail.com
Available payment options on Bidsquare