Titled "Me at 21". Mixed Media on Canvas. Signed and dated 1997 verso on canvas. Louise Freshman Brown is a painter and mixed media artist whose works have been featured in exhibitions, museums and galleries in the United States and Europe. Freshman Brown is from Oneida, NY and received her B.F.A. in Painting and M.F.A. in Painting/Printmaking from Syracuse University. She is a professor of Art at the University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL where she has been regularly awarded for excellence in teaching and scholarship. In 2005 she received the Outstanding Faculty Scholarship Award and in 2007 the Distinguished Professor Award. For the past twenty five years she has conducted workshops and lectures nationally and internationally. Louise Freshman Brown develops a rich surface of mixed media acrylic paintings emphasizing varying saturations of representational color and lyrical line. Her paintings reflect her response to the origins of the imagery under observation. Her subject matter depicts the natural environment of time. Dried plant life, including and emphasis on fragile stems, wilted blooms and seeds translate into decay and change through earth toned palettes.
Size: 48 x 60 in.
* By registering to bid for this auction either in-house or online and/or placing a bid in this auction the BIDDER/BUYER agrees to all the terms and conditions of Helmuth Stone Gallery Auctions.
- All silver, gold and/or jewelry lots or invoices containing said lots MUST be paid for via wire transfer or cashier’s check, no other forms of payment will be accepted.
- We recommend looking into shipping quotes prior to bidding, shipping quotes can take up to a week or more post-sale as we host our auctions through 6 online platforms and shipping can become backlogged.
- All sales are final; no refunds will be given under any circumstances.
- Helmuth Stone Gallery provides condition reports as a courtesy to our clients and assumes no liability for any error or omission. Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client, and is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Descriptions are our opinions and should in no way be construed as a guarantee of any kind as to age, condition, mater. The bidder assumes responsibility for ensuring that the condition of the item(s) meets with their satisfaction prior to bidding. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging.
- Online images can sometimes be low quality due to the uploading process, original high-resolution images can be requested via email at HelmuthStone@gmail.com