Prosper Louis Senat (Pennsylvania, California, Maine, 1852 - 1925) Watercolor. Titled "Capri" and Signed lower right. During his lifetime Senat participated in many international and national exhibitions, including the Brussels Exposition of 1880, the Naples National Exposition (1889), the Vienna National Exhibition (1893), the Columbian Exposition, the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts Exhibition (1877?1880, 1883, 1887, 1895), the National Academy of Design in New York Exhibition (1877?1888) and the Brooklyn Art Association Exhibition (1882?1885). He was awarded medals at exhibitions in Chicago (1893) and Atlanta (1895). He also exhibited at Boston?s Doll and Richards Gallery in the early 1890s. Many prestigious organizations counted Senat among their memberships, including the Art Club of Philadelphia, the Philadelphia Society of Artists, the Artist?s Fund Society of New York, and the Salamagundi Club of New York.
Image size: 16.5 x 10.5 in.
Overall Size: 25 x 18.5 in.
Framed behind glass.
- By registering to bid for this auction either in-house or online and/or placing a bid in this auction the BIDDER/BUYER agrees to all the terms and conditions of Helmuth Stone Gallery Auctions.
- All silver, gold and/or jewelry lots or invoices containing said lots MUST be paid for via wire transfer or cashier’s check, no other forms of payment will be accepted.
- We recommend looking into shipping quotes prior to bidding, shipping quotes can take up to a week or more post-sale as we host our auctions through 6 online platforms and shipping can become backlogged.
- All sales are final; no refunds will be given under any circumstances.
- Helmuth Stone Gallery provides condition reports as a courtesy to our clients and assumes no liability for any error or omission. Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client, and is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Descriptions are our opinions and should in no way be construed as a guarantee of any kind as to age, condition, mater. The bidder assumes responsibility for ensuring that the condition of the item(s) meets with their satisfaction prior to bidding. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging.
- Online images can sometimes be low quality due to the uploading process, original high-resolution images can be requested via email at HelmuthStone@gmail.com