Theophile Emmanuel Duverger (France, 1821 - 1886) Oil on board painting of a woman cutting a young girl's hair as she looks at her reflection in a mirror. Signed lower right. Housed in a gilt frame. Labels verso. Duverger was born in Bordeaux in 1821, and from 1846-1882 sent many of his genre paintings to the Salons of Paris. He won honours for his work in 1861, 1863, and 1865. He was a compatriot of Paul Seignac's, another 19th-century genre painter.
Sight Size: 12.5 x 9.25 in.
Overall Size: 18.5 x 15.25 in.
* By registering to bid for this auction either in-house or online and/or placing a bid in this auction the BIDDER/BUYER agrees to all the terms and conditions of Helmuth Stone Gallery Auctions.
- All silver, gold and/or jewelry lots or invoices containing said lots MUST be paid for via wire transfer or cashier’s check, no other forms of payment will be accepted.
- We recommend looking into shipping quotes prior to bidding, shipping quotes can take up to a week or more post-sale as we host our auctions through 6 online platforms and shipping can become backlogged.
- All sales are final; no refunds will be given under any circumstances.
- Helmuth Stone Gallery provides condition reports as a courtesy to our clients and assumes no liability for any error or omission. Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client, and is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Descriptions are our opinions and should in no way be construed as a guarantee of any kind as to age, condition, mater. The bidder assumes responsibility for ensuring that the condition of the item(s) meets with their satisfaction prior to bidding. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging.
- Online images can sometimes be low quality due to the uploading process, original high-resolution images can be requested via email at HelmuthStone@gmail.com