Twenty-eight Modernist Chicago Designer Cards. The Chicago institution known first as the New Bauhaus in 1937 was founded by Lazlo Moholy-Nagy based on the principles of the legendary Bauhaus in Germany. Moholy-Nagy and others had left Nazi Germany and found a new home in Chicago. It was renamed the School of Design from 1939-1944 and then changed to the Institute of Design. Margaret De Patta (1903-1964) the modernist jewelry designer studied there in 1940 and 1941. This album contains 28 cards sent to her by various Chicago designers, artists and architects from 1940 to 1955. Most taught at the school at various times. Included are greeting cards designed by them and gallery show announcements. Designers included are: Davis Pratt, Jack Waldheim, Morton and Millie Goldsholl, Nancy Spero, Hoseph Albers, Frank Barr, Angelo Testa and others.