Jun 18, 2019
· It is the bidder’s responsibility to take shipping and handlings & insurance costs into consideration when bidding on items.
· BIDDERS PRESENT AND TAKING ITEMS AFTER AUCTION – Since item liability transfers upon a successful bid, items paid for must be packed, transported and/or removed by the purchaser at his/her own risk after the close of the sale. We recommend that you arrange insurance for your items immediately upon becoming the highest bidder. If any employee or agent of MORPHY’S shall pack or transport the merchandise, it is fully at the risk and responsibility and expense of the purchaser. MORPHY’S shall not be held liable for any loss or damage that may be caused by the said agent or employee.
· ITEMS NOT PICKED UP THE DAY OF THE SALE (DENVER LOCATION ONLY) – Packaging, shipping, and insurance on items will be made available as an added courtesy and cost. We recommend that you arrange insurance for your items immediately upon becoming the highest bidder. Again, if any employee or agent of MORPHY’S shall pack or transport the merchandise, it is fully at the risk and responsibility and expense of the purchaser. MORPHY’S shall not be held liable for any loss or damage that may be caused by the said agent or employee. All applicable charges will be applied. Shipping will be based on actual costs via FedEx, FedEx Freight, or USPS (best way). Handling and insurance will vary in cost depending on each invoice. All packages will be shipped with insurance. Items will ship seven to fourteen (7-14) business days after payment is received.
· INSURANCE - Shipping insurance is automatically added up to $1,000 for every package. If your package is valued at >$10,000 we will also automatically add "Additional Insurance", which you can decline by contacting us. If you wish to arrange for "Additional Insurance" for packages valued between $1,000 and $10,000 please contact us prior to payment and we can quote this additional insurance amount for you. Insurance for all 3rd party shipments must be arranged through that carrier.
· INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS – MORPHY’S has the capability to ship to international bidders. By law, MORPHY’S cannot, and will not, declare lesser values for any international purchases and all shipments will include the invoice with purchase totals including the buyer’s premium and shipping cost. All international bidders are responsible for knowing their country’s laws on importing items and for paying all customs and duties on the items.
· 3RD PARTY SHIPPING of Large Items – Bidders MUST arrange and pay for 3rd party shipping when packages are a certain weight, length, or dimensional size.
o Dimensional size is length (the longest measurement) + (height x 2) + (width x 2). For example a 36” x 36” x 12” package = 36 + (36 x2) + (12 x 2) = 132”
o USA home shipments must be <70 lbs. and <108” length and <165” dimensional size
o USA business shipments must be <150 lbs. and <108” length and <165” dimensional size
o International shipments must be <150 lbs. and <108” length and <130” dimensional size
o There may be certain shipments that meet these requirements that will still require 3rd party shipping, and we will communicate the reason in those cases.
· For any buyers who wish to arrange, or must arrange due to the size of the item, for their own shipping, MORPHY’S must be notified at least seven (7) days prior of shipping company name and arrival date and time. Pickup must be scheduled to begin and end within our normal business hours (9am – 4pm, seven days a week). Buyers must arrange weekend pickups in advance with MORPHY’S staff, and additional charges may be necessary for overtime. 3rd party shipper must arrive with a copy of the invoice
· STORAGE FEE – MORPHY’S will charge a storage fee of $50/week for any items awaiting pickup for more than 14 days following the auction date.
· MORPHY AUCTIONS, LAS VEGAS LOCATION ONLY
o OFFSITE SOLD PROPERTY STORAGE INFORMATION
§ All lots, if not removed immediately after the sale (or other 3rd party transportation arranged immediately), will be transferred to a nearby shipping facility after payment of the Morphy invoice. For the convenience of the successful bidder of one or more lots, all purchased and paid lots will be transferred together. Our logistics partner, Box Brothers, is a well-known organization that specializes in crating, packaging and shipping.
§ Buyers must make arrangements for their own property insurance from the point of sale (hammer fall) for all transferred items
§ Modern firearms, or any lot containing modern firearms, will ship directly from MORPHY
§ Buyers may make an appointment 24 hours in advance to pick up their property at 4255 S Dean Martin Drive, Suite H, Las Vegas, NV 89103. 800-842-6937 email@example.com
§ Buyers will have 5 calendar days of free storage to retrieve their property or make arrangements with Box Brothers to pack and ship their property. Storage fees will begin to accrue on the 6th day of storage.
§ Box Brothers will invoice the buyer directly for storage, packing, and shipping charges.
§ MORPHY’S must approve any change in shipping address before Box Brothers will be permitted to re-route your purchases.
§ MORPHY’S can accommodate shipping for certain items. Please contact our Customer Service team for more information or to obtain a quote.
o SPECIAL COURTESY – Items purchased at our Las Vegas location may qualify for free shipment on our freight truck to Denver, PA.
§ Items from firearms auctions will not be eligible for this service (NV to PA or PA to NV).
§ To be considered for shipping, all item invoices must be paid in full by day 7 after the auction, or they will not be shipped on the truck and shipping charges will then apply.
§ Items will leave Las Vegas approximately 14 days after the auction date. Upon arrival in Denver, PA the buyer must pick items up within 14 days, or a $50/week storage fee will apply. Buyers will be contacted by phone or email when items arrive in Denver, PA. It is the buyer’s responsibility to pick the items up here. For packages to qualify for courtesy shipping, at least one piece or all pieces together in a package, must have a dimensional size of more than 130sq inches. Dimensional size is length (the longest measurement) + (height x 2) + (width x 2). For example, a 36” x 36” x 12” package = 36 + (36 x2) + (12 x 2) = 132.
· FIREWORKS – MORPHY’S can only ship Class 1 Division 1.4 and 1.6 Explosives (as described in the following website: http://environmentalchemistry.com/yogi/hazmat/placards/class1.html) per the 49CFR 173.50 and can only ship these via FedEx. All items not shippable must be picked up by the buyer.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Each of the parties hereto hereby submits to the federal or state courts located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, for the exclusive jurisdiction of any disputes in connection with these terms and conditions.