Early-mid 20th C. Magendo Village Region Mask for men's house. Angoram, Sepik River, PNG. Wood with painted, aged surface. Traces of red-brown pigment. Raffia palm fiber. Size: 20.5 x 12.25 in. (wood mask only)....including raffia fiber beard...approx. 42"L, top to bottom. Provenance: Aase B and C. Frederick Thompson Foundation, 1970's; Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art, Univ. of Florida, Gainesville FL, received as a gift prior to 1990, to present. AC09.1 25 deaccession number.
- By registering to bid for this auction either in-house or online and/or placing a bid in this auction the BIDDER/BUYER agrees to all the terms and conditions of Helmuth Stone Gallery Auctions.
- All silver, gold and/or jewelry lots or invoices containing said lots MUST be paid for via wire transfer or cashier’s check, no other forms of payment will be accepted.
- We recommend looking into shipping quotes prior to bidding, shipping quotes can take up to a week or more post-sale as we host our auctions through 6 online platforms and shipping can become backlogged.
- All sales are final; no refunds will be given under any circumstances.
- Helmuth Stone Gallery provides condition reports as a courtesy to our clients and assumes no liability for any error or omission. Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client and is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Descriptions are our opinions and should in no way be construed as a guarantee of any kind as to age, condition, mater. The bidder assumes responsibility for ensuring that the condition of the item(s) meets with their satisfaction prior to bidding. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging.
- Online images can sometimes be low quality due to the uploading process, original high-resolution images can be requested via email at HelmuthStone@gmail.com