You are bidding on an early 1900's Library Bureau SoleMakers industrial file cabinet. This mahogany cabinet is a three stacker and constructed by four different pieces which can be easily taken apart or assembled. The Library Bureau was a business founded by Melville Dewey in 1876 to provide supplies and equipment to libraries. The Library Bureau quickly became a one-stop vendor for supplies and equipment a library might need. By 1900, its lengthy, well illustrated catalog was widely distributed. During the late 1800s and early 1900s, the Library Bureau supplied furniture, equipment, supplies, and services to many of the new Carnegie Libraries being built. This cabinet features a smooth top surface, 4" legs, and nine filing drawers, each with a brass handle and label holder intact. It is in good condition for age and measures 38" W x 37.5" T x 25" D.
For a complete representation of condition and for additional images please call 800-686-4216. It is the buyer’s responsibility to view each image and preview the item to determine condition.