Auction lots may not be removed from Altermann Galleries during the auction. Shipment generally occurs within ten business days after payment has been received. Our preferred shipper is Pak Mail in Santa Fe, NM. Please provide a correct street address for our shipper. It will expedite your receipt of your purchase. Items not removed from our warehouse after 30 days will be subject to a storage charge.
Terms & Conditions
The purchase price payable on each lot by the Purchaser shall be the total of the final Hammer Price PLUS A BUYERS PREMIUM OF TWENTY FIVE PERCENT (25%) ON THE FIRST $250,000 AND FIFTEEN PERCENT (15%) THEREAFTER, PLUS ANY APPLICABLE TAX, SHIPPING AND HANDLING CHARGES.
Registration by the bidder shall constitute approval and acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
The lots presented in the auction will be offered by ONLINE auction, Friday, June 19th, 2020, hosted on INVALUABLE.COM, BIDSQUARE.COM &
Absentee bids for auction lots will be executed by the BIDDERS CHOSEN ONLINE AUCTION SITE PLATFORM on behalf of the Client during the auction. To reduce the chance of error, the Gallery requests the Client make absentee bidding arrangements as soon as possible. This catalog may be amended and represents Altermann Galleries (Gallery) entire agreement with any and all Purchasers of the property listed herein. The following procedures, terms and conditions on which all such property listed is offered for auction by the Gallery as agent for various owners or other Consignors:
1. All property will be sold by the Gallery at auction to be conducted by Altermann Galleries, via Invaluable, BidSqaure and Live Auctioneers Auction Platform.
2. Altermann Galleries reserves the right to withdraw any property at any time before the auction and shall have no liability whatsoever for such withdrawal.
3. All property will be sold “AS IS” and neither the Gallery nor Auctioneer nor Consignor make any express or implied warranties or representations with respect to the property or correctness of the advertisement, catalog and any other medium used to announce this auction or any other description of the physical condition, quality, importance, size or authenticity of the property offered. No reference to imperfections is made in individual catalog descriptions of property offered for auction. A condition report may be obtained by viewing the online catalog, or you may contact the Gallery. Not withstanding any condition reports or catalog descriptions provided, all lots are offered and sold “AS IS” in accordance with paragraph 3 of the Procedures, Terms and Conditions of Auction. However, if within 21 calendar days after the receipt of the purchase of any lot as long as the art was received within 30 calendar days of the Auction date, the purchaser provides two opinions by recognized authorities on the artist, and gives notice in writing to the Gallery that the lot is not authentic, and within 7 calendar days of such notice the purchaser returns the lot to the Gallery in the same condition as when sold, the Gallery will refund the full purchase price.
4. The Gallery and/or Auctioneer reserve the right to reject any bids. The highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneer shall be the Purchaser. In the event of any dispute between bidders or a tie between bidders, the Auctioneer will have absolute and final discretion to either determine the successful bidder or to re-offer and resell the property in dispute. After the auction, the Gallery’s record of final Hammer Price shall be conclusive.
5. Unless exempt by law, the Purchaser will be required to pay any and all applicable Arizona, and New Mexico state taxes. In the event of deliveries outside of Arizona and New Mexico, it is the Purchaser’s responsibility to pay any sales taxes or other compensating use tax of another state on the purchase price.
6. Terms for all purchases over $5,000 will be cash. Credit Cards will be accepted for purchases of $5,00 and less from buyers who have established credit with the gallery. We will only accept credit cards from first time buyers in person with appropriate ID. We will not accept credit cards over the phone from first time buyers. All monies shall be made payable to Altermann Galleries. At the Gallery’s discretion, payment will not be deemed to have been made in full until funds represented by checks or credit cards have been collected or the authenticity of bank or cashier’s checks has been confirmed.
7. Auction lots may not be removed from Altermann Galleries during the auction. Shipment generally occurs within ten business days after payment has been received. Our preferred shipper is Pak Mail in Santa Fe, NM. Please provide a correct street address for our shipper. It will expedite your receipt of your purchase. Items not removed from our warehouse after 30 days will be subject to a storage charge.
8. Some property may be offered subject to a “reserve” or confidential minimum price below which the lot will not be sold. In such instances the Gallery may exercise the reserve by bidding on behalf of the Consignor. In addition, Altermann Galleries reserves the right to purchase property for itself or on behalf of another party.
9. Neither the Gallery nor Auctioneer nor Consignor make any representations whatsoever that the Purchaser of a work of art will acquire any reproduction rights thereto. Purchaser’s ownership of the work shall remain subject to the copyrights of the consignor.
10. These Procedures, Terms and Conditions of Auction and any other applicable conditions, as well as the Purchaser’s and Gallery’s rights and obligations herein shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New Mexico. If these Procedures, Terms and Conditions of Auction are not complied with by the Purchaser, the Gallery may, in addition to other remedies available by law, including without limitation the right to hold the Purchaser liable for the purchase price stated on the invoice, either (a) cancel the sale and retain as liquidated damages any and all payments made by the Purchaser or (b) resell the property privately or at public auction on three days notice to the Purchaser for the payment of any deficiency in the purchase price and all costs including handling charges, warehousing, the commissions, attorney’s fees, any and all other auction-related charges due and incidental damages. In the event of a default, the Gallery reserves the right to charge the Purchaser’s credit card on file in the full amount owed as stated on the invoice.
11. In most instances, sculpture measurements do not include the portion of the base that is not made of the same material as the sculpture. In measurements for two-dimensional art, height precedes width and does not include frame.
12. Offerings in this catalog are subject to error, omission or withdrawal.
13. In the event of a dispute, the jurisdiction for any dispute shall be in Santa Fe County, New Mexico.