Items to be auctioned include a wide variety of paintings, sculpture, prints, cartoons, collages, ceramics & mixed media. There will also be photography, collectible posters, collectible design & rare drawings and limited edition prints along with scare books on art and design. Among the highlights are Scott Reeds' Saw Blade series. Scott was living and making art in lower Manhattan on 9/11 and the blades were used and discarded in the massive cleanup that followed. Scott retrieved and repurposed the blades as you can see in the magnificent 3 pieces offered here. We've selected the copper Iris blade to be our icon for this auction. Lyn Godley, of Godley-Schwan renown explores her concepts of lighting as fine art along with its salutary effects on the human mind and body. Her mesmerizing Currents series of shape-shifting LED displays (which start out as one of Lyn's drawings) are but a taste of the exciting work she is doing. Another high-concept contributor is artist/filmmaker Zev Robinson whose Art & Politics of Eating Project seeks to examine and break down boundaries between various aesthetic experiences and art forms. A good selection of his food based mixed-media work is available. Be sure to check out the brilliant and sublime wood-fired ceramic work of Loren Scherbak with its intense imagery and blends of color and texture. Also, we love Jeanne Fallot's assemblages of seashore detritus and findings. It's like Joseph Cornell went to the beach and never came back. Her mannequin, however, is definitely Dada. We're fortunate to have a selection of original cartoons by the late New Yorker artist Al Ross. Ross also applied his talent to more serious pursuits and we have a selection of his collages and drawings on paper. We could go on and on but we'd prefer you register with Bidsquare if you haven't done so and go to the catalog. If you have any inquiries please contact us at email@example.com.
Croton on Hudson, NY 10520
Available payment options
Items in this auction can ship from any of 9 locations on the East Coast of the USA. The consignor's location is indicated at the end of the description for each item. (for items shipping from Croton on Hudson (Batten Road) see the end of this section.
The vast majority of pieces can ship UPS or USPS. In most cases, (except for Batten Road items) the consignor will transport your item to their UPS store at no charge. After your purchase invoice is paid, you will be given contact information for the UPS store and you will deal with them directly for packing and shipping. In no case will UPS information be relayed before invoice is paid. For a few large art pieces a truck carrier or art mover may be required. Consignor will make their best effort to provide a recommendation but under the Terms and Conditions is under no obligation to do so.
For items shipping from Croton on Hudson: We are able to pack and ship all items from our facility directly by either UPS or USPS. In such instances we will provide a quote at your request within 24 hours and can add the charge to your purchase invoice.
Terms & Conditions
REGISTRATION. All bidders must register with Bidsquare to bid.
Please read carefully prior to bidding. The below Terms and Conditions of Auction constitute the entire agreement with the successful bidder relative to the property purchased at auction. In bidding with Babette Holland Design/Batten Road you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms:
1. TERMS OF SALE: All items offered at auction are sold as is, where is, no refunds, no returns and without recourse. Descriptions, including authenticity, manufacturer or maker, artist or designer, provenance, origin and condition are our opinion and believed to be accurate; however, neither the auctioneer, Babette Holland Design/Batten Road, nor consignor make any warranty or representations of any kind to the merchandise being offered and are not responsible for errors or omissions. All measurements and are approximate but within reasonable margins.
2. CONDITION AND INSPECTION: Inspection is online only. If we note defect, damage, repair or restoration to an item, please review the photographs carefully and bid accordingly. Please note that the absence of a condition statement does not imply that the item is without defect, damage, flaws or wear appropriate to age and use. We try to picture condition issues in the online listings however, it is the responsibility of the prospective bidder to inspect the goods and determine exact condition of each item. Further photographs, condition reports and in hand evaluations are available upon request. Please email or call our office to arrange. Condition is always a subjective evaluation and final responsibility rests with the buyer to assess the condition of any item prior to bidding.
3. E-MAIL NOTIFICATION: each time you place a bid; when you are outbid on any lot; and at the close of the auction if you are the high bidder.
4. BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY. Upon the fall of the hammer, title to the offered lot shall pass to the buyer and the buyer immediately assumes full risk and responsibility for the lot, including liability for loss or damage and is liable for payment of the Purchase Price (as defined below) to Babette Holland Design/Batten Road.
5. PURCHASE PRICE AND PAYMENT. The "Purchase Price" for each lot shall equal the hammer price, buyer's premium of 15%, sales tax and, if applicable, all packing, handling, insurance and shipping costs. (Please see Shipping Info below). Payment is by Paypal or credit card only. (Visa/MasterCard/Amex). NY State buyers will be charged sales tax unless we receive a tax exempt certificate (ST-120) prior to payment.
Invoices shall be paid in 7 days. If account is unsettled after 30 days, title to all lots will revert to auctioneer and be re-offered. All bidding privileges will be revoked and buyer shall be responsible for any losses incurred by auctioneer.
6. PICK UP: IMPORTANT: Due to the Covid-19 situation, in person pickup may not be available or subject to delay. Note that the items in this auction are at various locations as noted in item description. Items may be picked up at consignor's location by appointment only, for up to 30 days from close of auction. Contact us to inquire and/or schedule.
7. SHIPPING: We provide several shipping options as detailed in the Shipping Info section below. Winning bidders will be reminded to notify us of their shipping preferences and shipping charges will either be billed along with purchase invoice or separately. All items will be shipped within 7 days of receipt of payment.