Our “ABC” Auction: An online-only auction of fresh, modestly valued estate finds. Days 1 & 2 offer a wide selection of furniture, modern design, decorative objects, and artworks sourced from notable New York City estates. Anchoring the sale will be a single owner collection featuring fine European and English china, porcelains, and glassware. Day 3 highlights books with a scattering of works on paper, maps, autographs and ephemera, featuring important historic and literary books from the collection of Leonard D. Hamilton, and continuing from our December 2020 sale, many more lots from the private library of an art historian. Mid-century, surrealist and modernist art and poetry books include rare and one-of-a-kind items, with etchings and drawings by Matisse, Leger, Dali, Miro, Man Ray, Picasso, Ernst, Bellmer, Masson and others. Authors and poets include Paul Eluard, Claire & Ivan Goll, Andre Breton, Jean Cocteau, Stephane Mallarme, Andre Beaudin, Camus, Maugham, T.S. Eliot, Verlaine, Wilfred Owen, Tolstoy, Keynes, and more.
Online Only. Public preview will not be available for this sale though we are offering private preview by appointment. Our online catalog contains condition reports for each lot along with multiple images, If you require any further details our staff will be happy to answer condition questions and fulfill photo requests. We are also offering "live" preview via Zoom - just email or call to schedule.
Millea Bros. Ltd.
Boonton, NJ 07005
Available payment options
All payments are due immediately following the auction. For our online-only "ABC" sales we accept credit card payment at no additional charge (on invoices under $5,000) . On this invoice you will find a payment button to pay with your preferred card – easy and painless. If you prefer to pay by check, it should be mailed to our office at 607 Myrtle Avenue, Boonton, NJ 07005. Purchases paid for using personal checks will be held until payment has cleared the bank (typically 5-7 business days). Alternatively, if your invoice total is $500 or more you may pay by wire transfer — our wiring instructions are as follows:
DOMESTIC WIRES - Beneficiary Name: Millea Bros Ltd, 607 Myrtle Ave, Boonton, NJ 07005 — Beneficiary Account #: 4397009832 — Bank: TD Bank, Wilmington, Delaware — Bank Routing/ABA #: 031201360 — Note: Invoice or Ref #.
FOREIGN WIRES - Beneficiary Name: Millea Bros Ltd, 607 Myrtle Ave, Boonton, NJ 07005 — Beneficiary Account #: 4397009832 — Bank: TD Bank, Wilmington, Delaware — Bank Routing/ABA #: 031201360 — SWIFT (BIC) Address: NRTHUS33XXX — Note: Invoice or Ref #.
SHIPPING QUOTES: We recommend that all potential buyers obtain pack/ship estimates prior to bidding. MILLEA BROS. DOES NOT MAINTAIN AN IN-HOUSE SHIPPING DEPARTMENT OR PROVIDE PACK/SHIP QUOTES. All pack/ship questions or quote requests should be directed to Daks Global Logistics (tel: 484.879.6678, email: email@example.com). Daks Global Logistics is our preferred shipping agent but you may, of course, use any shipper you choose.
PROPERTY PICK-UP/SHIPPING/STORAGE POLICY: Millea Bros. Ltd. does not ship. The purchaser must pay for and remove all property from "the auction site" (Millea Bros. Auction Gallery, 607 Myrtle Avenue, Boonton, NJ 07005) at his/her risk and expense. Buyers are welcome to use a pack/ship professional of their choice or to collect their purchases in person at "the auction site" within ten business days (10) following the auction event. All purchases not removed from "the auction site" within that timeframe will be released to a third party storage and shipping company, DAKS Global Logistics in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, and moved to their warehouse facility without further notice to the buyer. From that point forward, the buyer will coordinate all shipping, delivery and pickup arrangements with DAKS Global Logistics directly. DAKS will store merchandise free of charge for a period of up to (10) business days. After that period a one-time $25 handling fee will be assessed and a daily storage charge of $5 per lot/day will commence regardless of lot size or value. You may, of course, use any shipper you wish and no fees will be assessed providing your purchases are retrieved from DAKS within (10) business days.
Terms & Conditions
The property listed in this auction catalog will be offered by Millea Bros. Ltd. (Millea Bros.) as owner or as agent for their consignor(s) subject to the following terms and conditions. Any of the following conditions of sale may be amended, waived, or modified in the sole discretion of Millea Bros. Ltd. By placing a bid, whether present in the saleroom or by any other means, the buyer (bidder, purchaser) agrees to be bound by the following conditions of sale:
1) All property is sold in "as is" condition and all sales are final. Neither Millea Bros. nor their consignor(s) makes any representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to the property or the correctness of the catalogue or other description of the authenticity of authorship, physical condition, size, age, quality, rarity, importance, provenance, exhibitions, literature or historical relevance of the property or otherwise. Original provenance documentation depicted in the item listings may be replaced with copies at the auctioneer's discretion. This documentation is provided as a courtesy to the bidder.
2) The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the buyer. The auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid and shall advance the bid at his/her sole discretion. In the event of a dispute between bidders, the auctioneer has absolute discretion to determine the successful buyer or to re-sell the disputed lot. If a dispute arises after the sale, Millea Bros.' record of the successful buyer and final sale price shall be conclusive. Millea Bros. reserves the right to withdraw, combine or divide any lot at any time before bidding commences.
3) The auctioneer has sole and exclusive discretion, and authority to regulate the following bidding increments:
$0 - $100 ................$10
$101 - $500 ..............$25
$501 - $1,000 ............$50
$1,001 - $2,000 .........$100
$2,001 - $5,000 ........$250
$5,001 - $10,000 .......$500
$10,001 - $50,000 .....$1,000
$50,001 - $100,000 ....$2,500
$100,001 - $150,000 ...$5,000
$150,001 - and up ....$10,000
4) Some lots offered for sale may be subject to a reserve, which is a confidential minimum price below which a lot will not be sold. Under no circumstance will a reserve exceed the low estimate of the lot being offered. Consignors are prohibited from bidding on their own property, however, the auctioneer may implement reserves by bidding on behalf of the consignor. If bids on a lot fail to reach the reserve, the lot will be "passed" or "bought-in".
5) Absentee, telephone, and Internet bidding is offered as a convenience to our customers and, while we will make every effort to carry out your instructions, Millea Bros. cannot be held responsible for errors and omissions resulting in failure to execute your absentee and/or telephone bids.
6) Users of third-party internet bidding services shall indemnify and hold Millea Bros. and its consignors harmless against any claim arising out of or resulting from the use of such Internet Bidding Services, including all losses, damages, liabilities, and all fees, including reasonable attorney's fees, costs, and expenses incurred in connection with any claim. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Millea Bros. and its consignors be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental, or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use Internet Bidding Services.
7) Title of each lot passes upon the fall of the auctioneer's hammer to the highest acknowledged bidder. Thereafter, any loss by fire, theft, breakage, or any other cause is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Merchandise must be packed and transported by the purchaser at his/her own risk and expense. If any employee or recommended agent of Millea Bros. shall pack or transport the merchandise, it is fully at the risk, responsibility, and expense of the purchaser and Millea Bros. shall not be liable for any loss or damage that may be caused by such employee or agent. Under no circumstances will Millea Bros.' liabilities to a purchaser exceed the purchase price actually paid.
8) The purchase price of each lot shall be the amount of the successful bid plus a twenty five percent (25%) buyer's premium. Unless exempt by law, all purchases, including buyer's premium, are subject to all state and local taxes applicable at the time of payment.
9) All payments are due immediately upon receipt of invoice. Payments will be accepted by cash, bank transfer, or check. Non-US purchasers must make payment using a US-dollar denominated check. Credit card payments are also accepted, but only under the following conditions: 1) the invoice is less than $2,000; 2) the credit card is swiped and an original signed receipt can be obtained at the time of the transaction or payment is made directly via our online invoice. Property purchased during the auction may not be removed until the full purchase price, including buyer's premium and all applicable taxes, have been paid. Millea Bros. reserves the right to hold merchandise purchased by personal check until the check has cleared the bank. The purchaser agrees to pay Millea Bros. a handling charge of $35 for any check returned for insufficient funds. A service charge of 1.5% will be added each month to unpaid balances beginning 30 days after the sale date. Any invoice not paid in full within thirty (30) days after the auction may be cancelled and the sale rescinded without further notice to the purchaser.
10) FOR OUR LIVE GALLERY "SELECT" AUCTIONS: Millea Bros. Ltd. does not ship. The purchaser must pay for and remove all property from "the auction site" (Millea Bros. Auction Gallery, 607 Myrtle Avenue, Boonton, NJ 07005) at his/her risk and expense. Buyers are welcome to use a pack/ship professional of their choice or to collect their purchases in person at "the auction site" within ten business days (10) following the auction event. All purchases not removed from "the auction site" within that timeframe will be released to a third party storage and shipping company, DAKS Global Logistics in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, and moved to their warehouse facility without further notice to the buyer. From that point forward, the buyer will coordinate all shipping, delivery and pickup arrangements with DAKS Global Logistics directly. DAKS will store merchandise free of charge for a period of up to (10) business days. After that period a one-time $25 handling fee will be assessed and a daily storage charge of $5 per lot/day will commence regardless of lot size or value. You may, of course, use any shipper you wish and no fees will be assessed providing your purchases are retrieved from DAKS within (10) business days.
11) If any applicable conditions contained herein are not complied with by the purchaser, Millea Bros. may, in addition to other remedies available by law; (a) hold the purchaser liable for the total purchase price; (b) retain any payment made by the purchaser, and/or (c) cancel the sale and resell the property without reserve and the original purchaser will be liable for any deficiency and added cost.
NOTE REGARDING ANIMAL MATERIALS
Certain property contained in this catalog may be constructed from, or may incorporate animal materials, and may require a license, permit or certificate for exportation or resale. It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser to obtain appropriate licenses. The sale of a lot will not be canceled if a purchaser cannot obtain the appropriate license, permit or certificate. CITES documents are not provided unless specified in the lot description.