MILLEA BROS. LTD. TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
The property listed in this auction catalog will be offered by Millea Bros. Ltd. (Millea Bros.) as owner or as agent for their consignor(s) subject to the following terms and conditions. Any of the following conditions of sale may be amended, waived, or modified in the sole discretion of Millea Bros. Ltd. By placing a bid, whether present in the saleroom or by any other means, the buyer (bidder, purchaser) agrees to be bound by the following conditions of sale:
1) All property is sold in "as is" condition and all sales are final. Neither Millea Bros. nor their consignor(s) makes any representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to the property or the correctness of the catalogue or other description of the authenticity of authorship, physical condition, size, age, quality, rarity, importance, provenance, exhibitions, literature or historical relevance of the property or otherwise. Original provenance documentation depicted in the item listings may be replaced with copies at the auctioneer's discretion. This documentation is provided as a courtesy to the bidder.
2) The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the buyer. The auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid and shall advance the bid at his/her sole discretion. In the event of a dispute between bidders, the auctioneer has absolute discretion to determine the successful buyer or to re-sell the disputed lot. If a dispute arises after the sale, Millea Bros.' record of the successful buyer and final sale price shall be conclusive. Millea Bros. reserves the right to withdraw, combine or divide any lot at any time before bidding commences.
3) The auctioneer has sole and exclusive discretion, and authority to regulate the following bidding increments:
$0 - $100 ................$10 increments
$101 - $500 ..............$25 increments
$501 - $1,000 ............$50 increments
$1,001 - $2,000 .........$100 increments
$2,001 - $5,000 ........$250 increments
$5,001 - $10,000 .......$500 increments
$10,001 - $50,000 .....$1,000 increments
$50,001 - $100,000 ....$2,500 increments
$100,001 - $150,000 ...$5,000 increments
$150,001 - and up ....$10,000 increments
4) Some lots offered for sale may be subject to a reserve, which is a confidential minimum price below which a lot will not be sold. Under no circumstance will a reserve exceed the low estimate of the lot being offered. Consignors are prohibited from bidding on their own property, however, the auctioneer may implement reserves by bidding on behalf of the consignor. If bids on a lot fail to reach the reserve, the lot will be "passed" or "bought-in".
5) Absentee, telephone, and Internet bidding is offered as a convenience to our customers and, while we will make every effort to carry out your instructions, Millea Bros. cannot be held responsible for errors and omissions resulting in failure to execute your absentee and/or telephone bids.
6) Users of third-party internet bidding services shall indemnify and hold Millea Bros. and its consignors harmless against any claim arising out of or resulting from the use of such Internet Bidding Services, including all losses, damages, liabilities, and all fees, including reasonable attorney's fees, costs, and expenses incurred in connection with any claim. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Millea Bros. and its consignors be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental, or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use Internet Bidding Services.
7) Title of each lot passes upon the fall of the auctioneer's hammer to the highest acknowledged bidder. Thereafter, any loss by fire, theft, breakage, or any other cause is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Merchandise must be packed and transported by the purchaser at his/her own risk and expense. If any employee or recommended agent of Millea Bros. shall pack or transport the merchandise, it is fully at the risk, responsibility, and expense of the purchaser and Millea Bros. shall not be liable for any loss or damage that maybe caused by such employee or agent. Under no circumstances will Millea Bros.' liabilities to a purchaser exceed the purchase price actually paid.
8) The purchase price of each lot shall be the amount of the successful bid plus a twenty five percent (25%) buyer's premium. Unless exempt by law, all purchases, including buyer's premium, are subject to all state and local taxes applicable at the time of payment.
9) All payments are due immediately upon receipt of invoice. Payments will be accepted by cash, check, bank transfer or, for an additional fee, credit card (on invoices under $10,000). Non-US purchasers must make payment using a US-dollar denominated check. Property purchased during the auction may not be removed until the full purchase price, including buyer's premium and all applicable taxes, have been paid. Millea Bros. reserves the right to hold merchandise purchased by personal check until the check has cleared the bank. The purchaser agrees to pay Millea Bros. a handling charge of $35 for any check returned for insufficient funds. Any invoice not paid in full within thirty (30) days after the auction may be cancelled and the sale rescinded without further notice to the purchaser.
10) Millea Bros. Ltd. does not ship. The purchaser must pay for and remove all property from “the auction site” (Millea Bros. Auction Gallery, 607 Myrtle Avenue, Boonton, NJ 07005) at his/her risk and expense. Buyers are welcome to use a pack/ship professional of their choice or to collect their purchases in person at “the auction site” within ten (10) business days following the auction event. All purchases not removed from “the auction site within that timeframe will be released to a third-party storage and shipping company, “3 Little Men” in Frenchtown, New Jersey and moved to their warehouse facility without further notice to the buyer. The buyer must then coordinate all shipping, delivery and pickup arrangements with “3 Little Men” directly. Invoices must be paid in full to Millea Bros. before purchased property can be released or collected. All items not picked up within thirty (30) days of the auction may be subject to storage fees.
11) If any applicable conditions contained herein are not complied with by the purchaser, Millea Bros. may, in addition to other remedies available by law; (a) hold the purchaser liable for the total purchase price; (b) retain any payment made by the purchaser, and/or (c) cancel the sale and resell the property without reserve and the original purchaser will be liable for any deficiency and added cost.
NOTE REGARDING ANIMAL MATERIALS
Certain property contained in this catalog may be constructed from, or may incorporate animal materials, and may require a license, permit or certificate for exportation or resale. It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser to obtain appropriate licenses. The sale of a lot will not be canceled if a purchaser cannot obtain the appropriate license, permit or certificate. CITES documents are not provided unless specified in the lot description.