Available payment options
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BID SQUARE BIDDERS
- All items must be paid for within three (3) business days from the date of auction. All invoices must be paid in full to retrieve items. The purchase price payable by Bid Square buyers at auction shall be the final bid plus a 25% buyer's premium. All purchases are subject to NYC sales tax rate of 8.875% unless a valid resale certificate is presented. A resale tax form must be completed in full prior to time of purchase. .
PAYMENT - Auctions at Showplace accepts the following methods of payment from domestic buyers: cash, wire transfer, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, paypal, and certified check; personal or business check are also accepted from domestic buyers, but merchandise will not be released until after personal and business checks clear. We will charge a $50 fee on all checks returned by the buyer’s bank. Domestic buyers wishing to pay via credit card must fill out and return a credit card authorization form, credit cards will NOT be accepted over the phone. Auctions at Showplace accepts the following methods of payment from international buyers: wire transfer, paypal. Wire transfers are required for amounts over $10,000.
- IMPORTANT - The purchaser must contact our gallery within three (3) days of the auction date to arrange for pick-up of winning lots. The purchaser can contact us by phone at (212) 633-6063 X 808 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. ALL items MUST be removed from the Showplace gallery within seven (7) days from the date of auction. Items not retrieved or shipped within seven (7) days will be relocated to a private storage facility and subject to discretionary fees. Once an item is sent to storage, Auctions at Showplace is no longer liable for it.
- COLLECTION - ALL items must be removed within seven (7) business days from the date of the auction. Merchandise may be collected in-person following the completion of the auction. Once your payment has been cleared, merchandise may be released. Please note that the hours for removal of merchandise are EVERY DAY (Monday through Sunday) from 10am until 5:45pm. Packing and loading are the responsibility of the purchaser; though Auctions at Showplace may offer assistance, it will not be held liable for any damage resulting from such action.
- SHIPPING - We do not offer in-house shipping, therefore shipping is the full responsibility of the purchaser. Bidders will need to have items quoted and shipped via a third party shipper. We strongly recommend bidders receive shipping quotes before bidding. Free shipping quotes are available from the following shippers:
For Fine Art, Decorative Items, Jewelry, Furniture (Nationwide and Global):
Expert Shipping Services, email@example.com, 917-388-2723
DAKS Global: firstname.lastname@example.org, 484-879-6678 Manhattan Mailroom, email@example.com, 212-249-1756
For Large Furniture and Art (Nationwide and Global):
Plycon Transportation Group, firstname.lastname@example.org, 631-269-7000
Arrow Express, email@example.com, 888-829-2122
DAKS Global: firstname.lastname@example.org, 484-879-6678 Fine Art Shippers, email@example.com, 917-658-5075
Please note that you are also free to use any shipper of your choice.
- Auctions at Showplace is not responsible for the acts or omissions of carriers or packers of purchased lots, whether or not recommended by us. Packing and handling of purchased lots by us is at the entire risk of the purchaser and Auctions at Showplace will have no liability for any loss or damage to such items.
- Unless prior arrangements have been made, any item(s) left with Auctions at Showplace for more than ninety (90) calendar days after the auction shall be considered abandoned and forfeited by the winning bidder with no possibility for refunds. After ninety days, abandoned property will revert to Auctions at Showplace and the bidder shall have no claim to property. Abandoned items will be resold at auction. Auctions at Showplace is not obligated to notify the winning bidder that the abandoned item(s) will be resold at auction.
- All items in this catalog are offered by 25th Street Showplace Antique & Design Center (also referred to Auctions at Showplace) as owner.
- Everything is sold AS IS and WHERE IS. While we do our best to describe the items properly, Auctions at Showplace makes no guarantees or warranties to the accuracy of these descriptions. Likewise, while Auctions at Showplace presumes clear title on all merchandise, no guarantees or warranties are made. TIMEPIECE MOVEMENTS and ELECTRICS have NOT been tested; condition of FRAMES, whether for pictures or mirrors, is NOT guaranteed.
- Auctions at Showplace reserves the right to withdraw or combine any lots listed in the catalogue at its sole discretion. Auctions at Showplace and its auctioneers have final say in any dispute among bids or winning bidders. Auctions at Showplace records shall be conclusive in any dispute.
- No merchandise shall be released prior to the end of the auction session. Auctions at Showplace reserves the right to hold merchandise until full payment has been received and cleared by our bank.
- Auctions at Showplace reserves the right to refuse a bid from a potential buyer who has not established themselves with management prior to the auction.
- Auctions at Showplace does not make any representations or warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to size, count, weight, style, authenticity, period material, or manufacturer copyright or reproduction right or any other warranty except as specified below on any lot sold. All measurements and weights are approximate. All glassware is sold as is; we cannot check every piece for chips. Auctions at Showplace is not responsible for damage of glass covering paintings, drawings, and other works or art, or frames, regardless of cause. Auctions at Showplace will not guarantee the authenticity of any signature unless so stated at the time of auction. We will only guarantee the medium in which the particular work is executed. We are not responsible for typographical errors.
-“Gold-tone metal” refers to metal that is gold in tone, but not gold. “Silver-tone metal” refers to metal that is silver in tone, but not silver.
- The catalog listings are meant as a descriptive guide only. Buyers are encouraged to use the preview to examine merchandise. Any condition statement given, as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement or a fact.
- Auctions at Showplace shall have no responsibility for any error or omission in the description. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging. All items are sold strictly AS IS, WHERE IS and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Absolutely no returns will be accepted.
Winning bidders agree to receive upcoming auction news and catalogs via email.