Available payment options
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions for Customers
- IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR SHOWPLACE BACKSTAGE:
FOR THIS SALE ONLY:
All items sold as-is where-is.
All items must be picked-up or shipped from our warehouse in Astoria, NY.
The address is 36-01 35th St, New York, NY 11106.
Please note that google will occasionally redirect you to 36-01 36th AVE.
- All items must be paid for within three (3) business
days from the date of auction. All invoices must be paid in full to
retrieve items. The purchase price payable by Invaluable buyers at
auction shall be the final bid plus a 25% buyer's premium. All
purchases are subject to NYC sales tax rate of 8.875% unless a valid
resale certificate is presented. A resale tax form must be completed in
full prior to time of purchase.
- PAYMENT - Auctions at Showplace accepts the following methods of payment from domestic buyers: cash,
wire transfer, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, paypal, and certified check;
personal or business check are also accepted from domestic buyers, but
merchandise will not be released until after personal and business
checks clear. We will charge a $50 fee on all checks returned by the
buyer's bank. Domestic buyers wishing to pay via credit card must fill
out and return a credit card authorization form, credit cards will NOT
be accepted over the phone. Wire transfers are required for amounts over
$5,000. Auctions at Showplace accepts the following methods of payment
from international buyers: wire transfer, Paypal. Wire transfers are
required for amounts over $2,000. For payment questions contact 212-633-6063
x 816 or x 803.
- COLLECTION - ALL items must be removed within seven (7) business days from the date of the auction
Merchandise may be collected in-person following the completion of the auction. Once your payment has been cleared, merchandise may be released. Please note that the hours for removal are Monday through Friday 10am to 4pm. Appointments are highly encouraged. Packing and loading are the responsibility of the purchaser; though Auctions at Showplace may offer assistance, it will not be held liable for any damage resulting from such action. Auctions at Showplace will not be held responsible for any damage or missing items following the sale.�
Please be prompt in making pick up or shipping arrangements. All items must be picked-up or shipped within 10 days of the�auction. Any items that have not been picked-up or do not have arrangements made for shipping or pick up will be moved off-site to storage�at client expense 10 days following the auction.� � �
- SHIPPING - We do not offer in-house shipping, therefore shipping is the full responsibility of the purchaser. Bidders will need to have items quoted and shipped via a third party shipper. We strongly recommend bidders receive shipping quotes before bidding. Free shipping quotes are available from the following shippers:
You can reach out to any of the following shippers:
Art, Decorative Items, Jewelry, Furniture: Nationwide and Global:
Manhattan Express Shipping:
The UPS Store (0304)
Attn: Michael or Micky
The UPS Store (5865) (this store may require deposit for quote)
Large or Bulk Furniture, Art: Nationwide and Global:
Plycon Transportation Group
AirSea Packing Group, Inc.
Fine Art Shippers
(Fine Art, Clocks, etc.)
Please note that you are also free to use any shipper of your choice.
The use of these and any other third parties is solely at the risk of the purchaser.
- �Auctions at Showplace is not responsible for the acts or omissions of carriers or packers of purchased lots, whether or not recommended by us. Packing and handling of purchased lots by us is at the entire risk of the purchaser and Auctions at Showplace will have no liability for any loss or damage to such items.
- Unless prior arrangements have been made, any item(s) left with Auctions at Showplace for more than ninety (90) calendar days after the auction shall be considered abandoned and forfeited by the winning bidder with no possibility for refunds. After ninety days, abandoned property will revert to Auctions at Showplace and the bidder shall have no claim to property. �Abandoned items will be resold at auction. Auctions at Showplace is not obligated to notify the winning bidder that the abandoned item(s) will be resold at auction.
- On the forth(4th) day after the auction we will charge all cards on file with Invaluable for the total amount due. If you wish to make other payment arrangements, please contact us within the (3) days after the sale at 212-633-6063, Ext 803 or email@example.com
- All items in this catalogue are offered by 25th Street Showplace Antique Center (also referred to Auctions at Showplace) as owner.
- Everything is sold AS IS and WHERE IS. While we do our best to describe the items properly, Auctions at Showplace makes no guarantees or warranties to the accuracy of these descriptions. Likewise, while Auctions at Showplace presumes clear title on all merchandise, no guarantees or warranties are made. TIMEPIECE MOVEMENTS and ELECTRICS have NOT been tested; condition of FRAMES, whether for pictures or mirrors, is NOT guaranteed.
- Auctions at Showplace reserves the right to withdraw or combine any lots listed in the catalogue at its sole discretion. Auctions at Showplace and its auctioneers have final say in any dispute among bids or winning bidders. Auctions at Showplace records shall be conclusive in any dispute.
- No merchandise shall be released prior to the end of the auction session. Auctions at Showplace reserves the right to hold merchandise until full payment has been received and cleared by our bank.
- Auctions at Showplace reserves the right to refuse a bid from a potential buyer who has not established themselves with management prior to the auction.
- Auctions at Showplace does not make any representations or warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to size, count, weight, style, authenticity, period material, or manufacturer copyright or reproduction right or any other warranty except as specified below on any lot sold. All measurements and weights are approximate. All glassware or dishware is sold as is; we cannot check every piece for chips. Auctions at Showplace is not responsible for damage of glass covering paintings, drawings, and other works of art, or frames, regardless of cause. Auctions at Showplace will not guarantee the authenticity of any signature unless so stated at the time of auction. We will only guarantee the medium in which the particular work is executed. We are not responsible for typographical errors.
-Gold-tone metal refers to metal that is gold in tone, but not gold. Silver-tone metal refers to metal that is silver in tone, but not silver.
- The catalog listings are meant as a descriptive guide only. Buyers are encouraged to use the preview to examine merchandise. Any condition statement given, as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement or a fact.
- Auctions at Showplace shall have no responsibility for any error or omission in the description. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging. All items are sold strictly AS IS, WHERE IS and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Absolutely no returns will be accepted.