Collector Fine Art Auctions presents European/American Paintings & Furniture on February 4, 2023 at 11:30 am. This New York powerhouse auction highlights prominent artists such as master Russian marine painter, Ivan Konstantinovitch Aivazovsky, French classical painter, William Adolphe Bouguereau, and pioneer of American Impressionism, Childe Hassam. Collector Fine Art Auctions is also featuring figure sculpture by surrealist Salvador Dali, as well as antique bronze, rosewood, tulipwood furniture, and a rare Sevres Clock from private estates and private collections.
Collector Fine Art Auctions
Collector Fine Art Auctions requires "Third Party Shipping". We suggest requesting a quote for packing and shipping prior to bidding on an item, as you will be responsible for collection or shipping if you are the successful bidder.
As a convenience to the buyer Collector Fine Art Auctions will make a referral for packing and shipping. This is at the request, expense and risk of the buyer and Collector Fine Auctions assumes no liabilities /responsibilities for the items or timing of delivery insurance for in transit items is the responsibility of the buyer
Items need to be paid and picked up within 10 business days from close of Auction.
Terms & Conditions
Collector Fine Art Auctions act solely as agent for various owners and consignor. It exercises care in describing all the item listed and uses judgment in attributing authorship but offer no guarantee regarding authenticity or description.
1. The higher bidder acknowledge by the auctioneer has an absolute discretion to determine which bidder is successful buyer or to reoffer item in dispute and resale it.
2. Many items in the auction are sold subject to reserve, such reserve is confidential but in no case will the reserve exceed the low estimate. The auctioneer may reject any bid or increment not commensurate with the value of the sale.
3. Order bid are accepted. A deposit may be required, absent parties may place bid by Mail, Phone or in person prior to the sale. Order bids must be placed prior to the day of sale Collector Fine Art Auctions will execute such bids up to the maximum amount specified. Collector Fine Art Auctions is not responsible for errors or omission in the executing of these bids. Phone bidder area encouraged, to leave the cover bid in case of technical failure.
4. A premium of 25% of the successful bid up to and including $100,000 and 20% on any amount exceeding the $100,000 will be applied to the hammer price of the properties sold. To be paid by the Buyer as part of purchase price. Payment may be paid by cash, check or wire transfer Visa/Master Card. Purchase are subject to sales tax.
5. Limited Warrantee: Although Collector Fine Art Auctions exercises due care in describing the item listed and uses good judgment in attributing authorship. It does not make any express or implied warrantee as to such authorship. Notwithstanding Collector Fine Art Auctions may but shall no obligation to consider any responsible request for refund on the ground of authenticity of authorship only under the following condition:
A. Notification must be made to Collector Fine Art Auctions in writing within 14 days of receipt of the item
B. The item must be returned within 28 days of the sale, accompanied by written testimony from a recognized Authority that lot in question is a forgery
C. The limited warrantee does not extend to the lots identified to the attribution, school, circle, manner, or after.
D. The limited warrantee applicable only to the original buyer.
6. All properties are sold "AS IS"
7. As a convenience to the buyer Collector Fine Art Auctions will make a referral for packing and shipping. This is at the request, expense and risk of the buyer and Collector Fine Auctions assumes no responsibilities for the items or timing of delivery insurance for in transit items is the responsibility of the buyer
BIDDING AT THE AUCTION, WHETHER IN PERSON, BY PHONE, BY AGENT, ORDER BID, TELEPHONE, ONLINE OR OTHER CONSTITUTES YOUR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE THESE "CONDITIONS OF SALE".
ASENTEE BID FORMS AND TELEPHONE BIDS: Absentee bid may be submitted no later than two working days before the bank account identification slip ("RIB") and a copy of the bidder's proof of identity Telephone bids may be placed by clients who cannot attend the auction. To this end, the client must return the above-mentioned form to Collector Fine Art Auctions under the same condition. Telephone bidding can only be arranged for lots with sale estimated over $1000.00.
As there are only a limited number of telephone lines, the necessary arrangements must be made at least two working days before the auction. In both cases, this is a service graciously provided free of charge to the client, its employees, agents and representatives that not incur any liability in the event of an error or omission in the execution of order received or the non- execution of orders.
AMOUNT PAYABLE BY THE BUYER: The buyer must pay Collector Fine Art Auctions, in addition to the "hammer price" commission of 25% excl. tax of the successful bid up to and including $100,000 and the 20% of any amount exceeding $100,000 will be applied to the "Hammer Price" of the properties sold.
PAYMENT: payment must be made immediately after the sale, if the successful bidder did not register before the sale, he/she must provide proof of identity and bank reference. Payment much be made by one of the following methods: Bank transfer in US Dollars. Visa card, Master card or American Express(Subject to the presentation of valid proof of identity), Up to $5,000.00. Please note for payment by credit card a processing fee of 3% of the entire purchase price, including buyer's premium and any other charges, is added to the invoice. Cheques drawn on a foreign bank will not be accepted. Cheques and bank transfer must be denominated in US Dollars and made out to the order of Collector Fine Art Auctions.
COLLECTION OF UNSOLD ITEMS: The seller must collect any unsold items as soon as possible in any case within 10 days of the auction. If the unsold items are not collected, the cost of storage by the seller at the usual rate applicable in such matter, Collector Fine Art Auctions shall not be bound by any warrantee vis-a-vis of such storage